Wellbeing for Men (online) – FULLY BOOKEDStarts at: 31/05/2023 9:30 am - Duration: 3.5 hour(s)
Online via MS Teams
Half-day Wellbeing for Men training, delivered by RDP International in collaboration with East Sussex Wellbeing at Work.
How to book:
The suicide rate in men is three times higher than in women, with the key years being 40 to 60. Supporting men to look after themselves at all stages of their life is crucial.
This half-day session is for men wanting to empower and support themselves and others (including midlife) and anyone with an interest in the topic, and is in three parts.
Part 1: Wellbeing
- The components and how they interact
- Masculinity and stereotypes
- Historical and 21st Century man
- The common themes
- Testosterone and ED
- Middle age – when and what?
Part 2: Health and life phases
- Things that can happen as we age
- Routine checks
- How we can support ourselves
- Nutrition, supplements and exercise
Part 3: What can be done?
- Types of stress
- Stress and resilience
- Strategies for managing stress
- Things we “have to do”?
- What holds us back
- Taking control of our mind
- Spring cleaning
- Inventing the future we want
It is important that any delegate booked onto the course ensures that they can commit to attending the session in full. No-shows and short notice drop outs will be liable to be charged the full cost of the course.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A robust reference book
- An invitation to attend free monthly online talks and to receive a free quarterly e-magazine Midlife Matters
Please note, at this time each organisation can send up to a maximum of four delegates on the course. FOR BOOKINGS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
If you have any queries about this training, or the accreditation itself, please get in touch with the team at HealthyWorkplace@eastsussex.gov.uk