Supporting People during Midlife Training (online), October 2023 – FULLY BOOKEDStarts at: 10/10/2023 9:30 am - Duration: 3.5 hour(s)
Online via MS Teams
Half-day Supporting People During Midlife training, delivered by RDP International in collaboration with East Sussex Wellbeing at Work.
How to book:
Menopause and midlife can be hugely confusing for people. The workplace is a continuously changing environment, and being able to keep up with what best practice looks like can be challenging
This half-day session is open to anyone – particularly managers, senior leaders, wellbeing leads or HR personnel. it is focused on workplace best practice and supporting and retaining people (women and men) as they go through midlife and is in three parts.
Part 1: The business case
- What and when is midlife?
- The business case for supporting people
- The legal considerations
- Potential effects on people’s work and performance
- What women want in the workplace
Part 2: Opening the conversation
- How might you recognise if someone may be experiencing this life transition
- What to be aware of
- How to open a potentially-difficult conversation
- Putting the theory into practice
Part 3: What can be done?
- How to support colleagues and team members
- Reasonable adjustments – a balanced view
- Policy and / or guidelines?
- Keeping the topic on the agenda
- Individual commitment and actions moving forward
It is important that any delegate booked onto the course ensures that they can commit to attending the session in full. No-shows and short notice drop outs will be liable to be charged the full cost of the course.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A robust reference book
- An invitation to attend free monthly online talks and to receive a free quarterly e-magazine Midlife Matters
Please note, at this time each organisation can send up to a maximum of four delegates on the course. FOR BOOKINGS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
If you have any queries about this training, or the accreditation itself, please get in touch with the team at HealthyWorkplace@eastsussex.gov.uk