Mental Health First Aid Training (2 days) – December 2023 – FULLY BOOKEDStarts at: 06/12/2023 9:00 am - Duration: 48 hour(s)
The Welcome Building, Eastbourne
2-day adult Mental Health First Aid training delivered by the East Sussex Wellbeing at Work Programme.
How to book:
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. This two-day course trains your employees as Mental Health First Aiders, giving them:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
The course is delivered across two days:
- Day 1: Wednesday 6th December 2023, 9am-5pm delivered face to face at a venue at St Marys House, Eastbourne.
- Day 2: Thursday 7th December 2023, 9am-5pm delivered face to face at a venue at St Marys House, Eastbourne.
Please note, at this time each organisation can send up to a maximum of two delegates on the course. It is important that any delegate booked onto the course ensures that they can commit to attending Day 1 and Day 2 in full. No-shows and short notice drop-outs will be liable to be charged the full cost of the course.
If you have any queries about this training, or the accreditation itself, please get in touch with the team at Healthy.Workplace@eastsussex.gov.uk